We’re currently seeking applications for six fully-funded PhD positions in our doctoral program. Here’s the link to the program description and the official call for applications. Below is a short summary of the most important points:
The aim of the doctoral program is to create knowledge about how organizations achieve and sustain competitive advantage in rapidly changing environments through the development of critical competences in relationship with other organizations and stakeholders. I’ve listed some key references here.
What can you expect from the PhD program?
- You will be thoroughly educated as a management scholar.
- This is a structured PhD program. You have the opportunity to complete your degree within three years, part of which is training and part of which is work on your own dissertation.
- This is an international program and the language of instruction and coursework is English. You will be able to interact with the international research community at leading conferences and other research forums (e.g., summer schools).
- You will spend the first semester at EUV in Frankfurt (Oder) near Berlin and the second semester at GGS in Heilbronn near Stuttgart. Subsequently, you may choose between either one of the two locations.
What do we offer?
- A monthly scholarship based on the guidelines of the German Research Foundation (www.dfg.de). This corresponds to about 1,300 Euros per month.
- A laptop and access to the research software required for your work.
- A personal research budget to fund participation in conferences and workshops.
- The opportunity to develop your own research project in the area of dynamic capabilities and relationships.
What do we expect from you?
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in business studies, social or behavioral sciences, or a related field.
- Proficiency in English (some knowledge of German is beneficial, but not required).
- Proven ability and drive to conduct an independent research project and to contribute to the overall efforts of the research group.
- The submission of a complete application package
The closing date for applications is January 6th, 2014.
I’ve written about our activities on several occasions. Here’s a blog post about a visit from Jeff Martin at the European University Viadrina, for example. For further information, please contact Peggy Zimmer at email@example.com or +49-335-5534-2362.