I’ve been closely following the offerings for courses with a focus on social network analysis over the past couple of years. Roughly two years ago, I compiled a list of events taking place in Europe. Back then, I decided for an introductory course taking place in Trier, Germany, which I really enjoyed. Recently, I’ve repeated my search and here is a selection of a few, slightly more international, courses that are of particular interest to me:
- SUNBELT workshops on SNA, Hamburg, Germany, May 20-21, 2013
- LINKS Center Summer Workshop on SNA, University of Kentucky, USA, June 3-7, 2013
- EDEN Doctoral Seminar on SNA, Santorini, Greece, June 10-14, 2013
- Greenwich Summer School in SNA, University of Greenwich, UK, June 17-25, 2013
- Social Media Analysis, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, July 1-5, 2013
Although the Sunbelt conference is conveniently close this year, the courses offered are fairly short. Therefore, I’m likely to attend the Greenwich course which is spread out over a week. Interestingly, Christopher Tunnard has also converted the spreadsheet I linked to earlier into a website listing all SNA courses with a business focus around the world.