A live presentation of the below report, recorded at the e-G8 summit, can be found here.
This is a video of Jeremiah Owyang, who is a Partner at the Altimeter Group, a strategy consulting firm. The other day he gave a presentation at LeWeb, Europe’s largest internet conference. The points that he makes are quite interesting. Below you can find a brief summary of my notes.
1) Start listening now, and quickly offer social personalization features
- Include contextual information based on social profiles
- Allow access to services such as FB connect, analyze behavior, and customize the product offers accordingly
2) Develop an unpaid army of advocates who can respond when you’re not there
- Work with customers and evangelists and use them as an unpaid R&D team
- Give them recognition and access to exclusive information, not cash
3) Start to invest in systems –like social CRM– that can support the overall strategy
- Integrative strategy counts; all customer data needs to be stored in one location
- Future: match Twitter and other accounts with trad. CRM systems and detect customer problems as they occur
If you would like to have a look at the entire presentation, check Jeremiah’s blog.