So far, I throroughly enjoyed everything I read by Rob Cross. He provides hands-on experience on how to use social network analysis within organizations. In his book The hidden power of social networks he even provides a step-by-step guide and sample questionnaires on how to conduct your own analyses.
According to Professor Cross, the more common applications of social network analysis include:
- Supporting partnerships and alliances
- Assessing strategy execution
- Improving strategic decision making in top leadership teams
- Integrating networks across core processes
- Promoting innovation
- Ensuring integration post-merger or large-sclae change
- Developing communities of practice
Can you recommend any further applied writings on the subject? If so, I’d be happy to hear from you. Please drop me a line.